Macodes Petola, also known as Jewel Orchid, is a miniature orchid endemic to South-East Asia including in Malaysia, New Guinea, Vanuatu, the Philippines and Sumatra.
It's a sibling of Macodes Sanderiana. The main difference between Macodes Petola and Macodes Sanderiana is that this Macodes Petola has denser veins (like lighting pattern) on its leaves. Similar to other Jewel orchids, people grow this species for its beautiful foliage rather than the flower.
Macodes Petola likes indirect light and moderate to high humidity. Because of its original forest habitats, Macodes Petola requires frequent watering.
• ✅ Frustration-Free Indoor Plants. Bloomify is making orchid care even more simple with Jewel Orchid Terrariums. Start or grow your collection with the beautiful Macodes Sanderiana and Macodes Petola.
• ✅ No Maintenance With Terra Gel. Bloomify’s exclusive soil substitute is made especially for Jewel Orchids. Get the plant with all the necessary nutrients it needs to thrive inside for up to a year.
• ✅ Grow Your Prized Jewels. These rare orchid siblings are known for their striking foliage. The golden flecks of veins, like lightning bolts, create a stunning contrast to the velvety green leaves.
• ✅ Reduce Work-From-Home Stress. Add a hint of greenery inside your home office set-up with a decorative plant terrarium. Gift yourself or a friend a plant companion that’s pretty and easy on the eyes.
• ✅ 100% Healthy Plant Growth. Get lush Jewel Orchids that grow healthily within 60 days. If not, contact Bloomify and receive a new plant on us or your money back. Plus, free heat pack during winter!
It’s gorgeous! The leaves are almost sparkly. I own a lot of plants but this is my first terrarium so I’m stoked to see where it will lead!